Obesity in New York
The empire state of New York is known for it’s rich resources, high rise buildings in the city of New York, Niagara Falls to the North West, State of Liberty, beautiful beaches in Long Island, the Montauk Lighthouse, and the ritzy Hamptons. It also has it’s share of the epidemic of obesity.
Obesity statistics New York
Nationwide, obesity and overweight status is the second leading cause of preventable cause of death just behind smoking. What is also shocking is that while smoking has been on the decline, obesity and overweight status has been increasing in the state of New York as well as across the United States and the world over.
Obesity and overweight statistics in New York
- Adult overweight status rose from 42% in 1997 to 61.2% in 2017.
- The obesity among adults rose from 16% in 1997 to 25.7% in 2017.
- Obesity among children and adolescents has tripled over the past 30 years.
- About a third of New York’s children are obese or overweight.
How to lose weight in New York
Prescription weight loss options
What prescription weight loss options are available to lose weight in New York?
If you are looking to take the help of an FDA approved prescription weight loss medication, there are about 9 options.
- List of prescription weight Loss Drugs Approved by FDA
- Phentermineand Topiramate. Brand name: Qsymia.
- Lorcaserin Hydrochloride. Brand name: Belviq.
- Contrave or Naltrexone or Hydrochloride and Bupropion Hydrochloride.
- Liraglutide. Brand name:Saxenda.
- Phendiemetrazine (Brand name:Bontril)
- Diethylpropion (Tenuate)
- Combination of various weight loss measures
- Learn more…
Cities for losing weight in New York
Top cities in New York to lose weight with their population
New York City 8,601,186
New Rochelle 79,518
Mount Vernon 68,212
White Plains 58,220
Niagara Falls 47,864
Valley Stream 37,553
Long Beach 33,750
Spring Valley 32,555