- Belviq® XR
Lorcaserin (Belviq) Uses
Approved for adults who are overweight with a BMI of over 27 with at least one weight related comorbid condition or obese with a body mass index o over 30.
Mechanism of action
Acts on the serotonin receptors in your brain. May help you feel full after eating smaller amounts of food.
What are the indications for Belviq?
- Overweight with a BMI of over 27 with at least one weight related comorbid condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea etc.
- Or, are obese with a BMI of over 30
What diet should one be on while taking Belviq?
What type of medication is Belviq?
How does Belviq work?
Belviq works by increasing feelings of fullness so that less food is eaten.
How should Belviq be used?
Should I take Belviq with or without food?
- The tablets are usually taken with or without food twice a day.
- The extended-release tablets are usually taken with or without food once a day.
Precautions for taking Belviq
- Take lorcaserin at around the same times every day.
- Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand.
- Take lorcaserin exactly as directed.
- Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow the extended-release tablets whole; do not split, chew, or crush them.
What you should know about Belviq?
- Although Belviq is a DEA controlled class IV drug, it is rare to see true withdrawal or dependence.
- Follow the instructions on duration of treatment as recommended by your doctor.
- After a trial of 3 months, you are expected to lose at least 5 percent of your body weight, and if not, your doctor may stop this medication.
- Do not stop taking lorcaserin without informing your doctor.
What special precautions should I follow?
What should I do if I forget a dose?
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it unless it is too close to the next dose.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
Side effects of Beliq
- dry mouth
- excessive tiredness
- pain in the back or muscles
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- difficult, painful, or frequent urination
- blurred vision or other vision changes
- dry eyes
- Some side effects can be serious.
- difficulty with coordination
- muscle spasms, stiffness, or twitching
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- difficulty breathing
- swelling of the hands, arms, feet, or legs
- difficulty paying attention or remembering information
- thinking about harming or killing yourself or planning or trying to do so
- feeling high or unusually happy
- feeling as though you are outside of your body
- erection that lasts longer than 4 hours
- discharge from the breast
- breast enlargement in males
- What is belviq and how does it work?
- What is the drug belviq used for?
- How effective is belviq for weight loss?
- What is the average cost of belviq?
- Is belviq better than Phentermine?
- Does belviq make you feel high?
- What’s the best time to take belviq?
- What is the best prescribed weight loss medication?
- What is the most effective prescription weight loss pill?
- Does belviq suppress appetite?
- Has anyone lost weight on belviq?
- Does contrave give you energy?
- Is belviq a stimulant?
- Why is belviq a controlled substance?
- Why is belviq considered a controlled substance?
- What is the best antidepressant for weight loss?
- What are the best appetite suppressant pills?
- Is belviq used for depression?
- Does belviq cause heart palpitations?
- What is the difference between Belviq and Qsymia?
- is belviq a stimulant
- belviq reviews
- belviq side effects
- belviq manufacturer coupon
- belviq xr cost
- buy belviq
- belviq coupon 2019
- is belviq covered by insurance
Belviq resources and blogs
W8MD’s Belviq Blogs
W8MD’s Physicians that can prescribe Belviq or other weight loss medications
Book Appointments Online
* Brooklyn W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & MedSpa, Brooklyn, New York
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
* Manhattan W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa in Manhattan (new location)
401 East 55th Street, New York, New York 10022
- New Jersey at Cherry Hill, NJ at 140 E. Evesham Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.
W8MD NE Philadelphia
W8MD King of Prussia, PA
W8MD Cherry Hill NJ
Savings card and coupons for Belviq
The manufacturer offers savings cards and coupons from time time.
You must be logged in to post a comment.