Phentermine helps reduce your desire to eat include
Who it is approved for?
Adults who are obese with a body mass index of 30 or more, or those who are overweight with a BMI of 27 or more with any weight related comorbid conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea etc.
What are the common brand names for Phentermine?
How does Phentermine work?
Increase chemicals in your brain to make you feel you are not hungry or that you are full.
Note: FDA-approved only for short-term use—up to 12 weeks
Things to know about Phentermine
How is Phentermine supplied?
How is Phentermine dosed?
How long can you take Phentermine?
The length of treatment depends on how you respond to the medication. While it was originally approved for short term, up to 12 weeks, many weight loss physicians may prescribe it off label for longer duration. In a large scale study that looked at long term dependence on Phentermine, it was found that stopping Phentermine even in patients taking it for decades does not lead to significant withdrawal symptoms. Also, obesity is increasingly being seen as a chronic medical condition just like high blood pressure, and diabetes and therefore, treatment should also be long term.
Is Phentermine habit forming?
What precautions should you take while on Phentermine?
- Follow the instructions of the doctor and do not take more than what is prescribed
- For the extended release tablets, do not split, chew, or crush them tablet.Before taking phentermine, tell your doctor what other medications you take
What diet should you be on while on Phentermine?
What should I do if I forget a dose?
Side effects of Phentermine
What side effects can this medication cause?
- dry mouth
- unpleasant taste
- increased blood pressure
- heart palpitations
- shortness of breath
- chest pain
- swelling of the legs and ankles
- difficulty doing exercise that you have been able to do
Frequently asked questions about Phentermine
What should I know about storage and disposal of this medication?
- Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children.
- Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom).
- Unneeded medications should be disposed of in special ways to ensure that pets, children, and other people cannot consume them.
- It is important to keep all medication out of sight and reach of children as many containers
- In case of emergency/overdose
- In case of overdose, call the poison control helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
What other information should I know about Phentermine?
- Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory.
- Do not let anyone else take your medication.
- Phenteramine is a controlled substance.
- It is important for you to keep a written list of all of the prescription and nonprescription medications and supplements
Other frequently asked questions about Phentermine
- What enhances the effects of phentermine?
- Does phentermine build up in your system?
- What are the bad side effects of phentermine?
- What should you not take with phentermine?
- Does phentermine speed up your metabolism?
- How does phentermine affect your brain?
- Does phentermine affect serotonin levels?
- What happens when you stop taking phentermine?
- Does phentermine make you tired?
- How long can you stay on phentermine?
- Can you drink caffeine while taking phentermine?
- Does phentermine make you angry?
- What is the most effective prescription weight loss pill?
- What is the best prescription weight loss pill?
- Does phentermine affect your kidneys?
- How do I lose ten pounds in a month?
- Do you have to take phentermine every day?
- Can you withdraw from phentermine?
- Does phentermine affect your memory?
- What are the long term side effects of taking phentermine?
- Does phentermine show up on a drug test?
- Is adipex a narcotic?
- How do you wean off qsymia?
- Does phentermine cause hair loss?
W8MD’s Phentermine Blogs
W8MD’s insurance physician medical weight loss program offers prescription weight loss medications including Phentermine for the right patient after consultation with one of our weight loss physicians
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
* Manhattan W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa in Manhattan (new location)
401 East 55th Street, New York, New York 10022
* New Jersey at Cherry Hill, NJ at 140 E. Evesham Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.