The borough of Brooklyn is probably the sweetest borough in New York City as it has a sign as you enter it that says “Brooklyn, how sweet it is”. Sweetness aside, how big is the problem of obesity in the biggest borough of New York City?
In Brooklyn, about 58.6 percent in are overweight.
More than 62 percent of residents of Bronx.
as opposed to 57.7 percent on Staten Island and 57.6 percent in Queens.
Manhattan has an overweight rate of over 42 percent.
In the state of New York, the obesity rate is about 62%.
Obesity increases the health risk of over 50 different health problems.
Overweight and obesity cause or increase the risk of the followng:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Several forms of cancer
Prescription weight loss Brooklyn NY
The list of FDA approved weight loss diet weight loss medications
Obesity Prevalence in New York State
- Overweight rate increased from 42% in 1997 to 61.2% in 2017.
- The obesity increased from 16% in 1997 to 25.7% in 2017.
- Obesity among children and adolescents has tripled over the past three decades.
- About one third of New York’s children are obese or overweight.
Weight Loss Drugs Approved by FDA
- Phentermineand Topiramate. Brand name: Qsymia.
- Lorcaserin Hydrochloride. Brand name: Belviq.
- Contrave or Naltrexone or Hydrochloride and Bupropion Hydrochloride.
- Liraglutide. Brand name:Saxenda.
- Phendiemetrazine (Brand name:Bontril)
- Diethylpropion (Tenuate)
- Combination of various weight loss measures
- Learn more…
Areas and neighborhoods in Brooklyn New York to lose weight
FAQs:Weight loss in Brooklyn
- How do you speed up weight loss?
- How long does it take to start losing weight?
- How do u lose thigh fat?
- Can you lose weight by swimming?
- What causes slow metabolism?
- What can I drink to speed up weight loss?
- How can I lose face fat?
- How do you lose arm and leg fat?
- How can one lose weight without exercise?
- Do you lose weight when you sleep?
- Can you lose weight not eating just drinking water?
- Can you lose weight by walking?
- Can Swimming reduce belly fat?
- Is it OK to swim everyday?
- What to eat after swimming to lose weight?
- How soon can I make an appointment with Dr. Prab R. Tumpati?
- Is Dr. Prab R. Tumpati accepting new patients?
- Does Dr. Prab R. Tumpati accept my insurance?
W8MD physician medical weight loss, sleep, holistic and aesthetic medicine programs can help you not only to lose weight, and sleep better but also to look your best!
Book Appointments Online
* Brooklyn W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & MedSpa, Brooklyn, New York
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
* Manhattan W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa in Manhattan (new location)
401 East 55th Street, New York, New York 10022
* Coming soon New Jersey at Cherry Hill, NJ at 140 E. Evesham Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.
You must be logged in to post a comment.