In New York City, life goes at a fast pace and people expect instant results. As one of the largest cities in the United States, the big apple has its share of the overweight and obese, although generally considered a leaner city compared to some other cities. Some of the obesity and overweight statistics for New York City are skewed by the relatively thinner, and younger population in the borough of Manhattan.
What exactly are the prescription weight loss options for losing weight in New York City?
The following FDA approved prescription weight loss medications are available for patients trying to lose weight in New York City
Obesity increases the health risk of over 50 different health problems.
Overweight and obesity cause or increase the risk of the followng:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Several forms of cancer
Weight loss options NYC
How is obesity treated?
Obesity is treated using one or more of these
a diet low in calories
increased physical activity
prescription weight loss medications
Prescription weight loss NYC
Phentermine (Adipex P)
Phentermine Topiramate (Qsymia)
Bupropion Naltrexone (Contrave)
Orlistat (Xenical / Orlistat)
VLDC diet to lose weight in NYC
A very low-calorie diet (VLCD) is a special type of diet that replaces all of your meals with prepared formulas, often in the form of liquid shakes.
A VLCD may be used to promote quick weight loss among some people who are considered to be obese. The VLCD diet requires close care from your doctor and is usually combined with other ways to lose weight such as prescription weight loss medications.
W8MD’s VLCD weight loss diet options in New York City
At W8MD weight loss centers, VLCD diet using delicious and affordable meal replacements are an optional part of the weight loss program. While you do have the option to choose if you want to use these, or make your own meals with instructions from us, it is a often a nice tool to have especially if you are busy and often do not have time to cook. And the best part is, they are cheaper than grocery ingredient costs as each meal replaced only costs about $2.15 as opposed to $3.00 for self prepared meals.
See the following pictures
Boroughs in NYC to lose weight
Boroughs and neighborhoods to lose weight in New York City
More than half of all adult New Yorkers have overweight (34%) or obesity (22%). Brooklyn is the largest borough of New York City with a population of about 2.5 million.
List of neighborhoods to lose weight in Brooklyn
List of neighborhoods to lose weight in Bronx
The borough of Bronx, New York, has the dubious distinction of the fattest borough in the city of New York ans
List of neighborhoods to lose weight in Manhattan
Although Manhattan is relatively leaner compared to some of the other boroughs, it still has its share of the overweight and obese.
List of neighborhoods to lose weight in Queens
Queens is the third largest borough (after Brooklyn, and Manhattan) in terms of population and third fattest borough(after Bronx and Brooklyn) in New York City.
List of neighborhoods to lose weight in Staten Island
The borough that is often dubbed “the forgotten borough of NYC”, Staten-Island, has its share of the overweight and obese.
Weight Loss steps for fast weight loss in NYC
Set the Right Goals
Setting the right goals and focusing on areas that are important such as dietary and physical activity changes that will lead to long-term weight change. Successful weight managers are those who select two or three goals which are (1) specific; (2) attainable (doable); and (3) forgiving (less than perfect). Here are some simple steps to start losing weight in New York City.
- Step 1: Check your body mass index
- Step 2: Make a commitment to lose weight
- Step 3: Set realistic goals to lose weight fast in NYC
- Step 4: Find the right weight loss program in NYC that accepts your insurance
- Step 5: Keep track of the progress, and not lose motivation until you reach your goal weight.
Frequently asked questions
- How long does it take to start losing weight in NYC?
- How can I drop 20 pounds fast in New York City?
- What should you eat when your trying to lose weight?
- What is the maximum weight loss in a month?
- How can I lose a lb a day?
- What is a good weight for a 5 5 female?
- How many calories do you burn sleeping?
- What exercise burns the most calories?
- How long do you have to walk to lose 3500 calories?
- Is it possible to lose 40 pounds in 3 months?
- Can I Lose 30 lbs in 3 months?
- How can I slim down in a month?
- What should I stop eating to lose weight in New York City?
- What is the best breakfast to lose weight?
- What are the 5 foods that burn belly fat?
- Can you lose 50 pounds in a month?
- Is losing 10 pounds in a month realistic?
- Is it possible to lose 10 pounds in 3 days?
- How do you burn fat while sleeping?
- What should I drink to lose weight?
- How do I kick start my weight loss?
Prescription weight loss Brooklyn NY
The list of FDA approved weight loss diet weight loss medications
Obesity Prevalence in New York State
- Overweight rate increased from 42% in 1997 to 61.2% in 2017.
- The obesity increased from 16% in 1997 to 25.7% in 2017.
- Obesity among children and adolescents has tripled over the past three decades.
- About one third of New York’s children are obese or overweight.
Weight loss blogs New York City
W8MD physician medical weight loss, sleep, holistic and aesthetic medicine programs can help you not only to lose weight, and sleep better but also to look your best!
* Brooklyn W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & MedSpa, Brooklyn, New York
2632 E 21st Street Ste L2 Brooklyn New York 11235.
* Manhattan W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep and MedSpa in Manhattan (new location)
401 East 55th Street, New York, New York 10022
* New Jersey at Cherry Hill, NJ at 140 E. Evesham Road, Cherry Hill, NJ 08003.